HBMAME (HomeBrew MAME) is a derivative of MAME, and contains various hacks and homebrews. It is based on the latest MAME source at the time of release.
What's in it?
- - Homebrew games meant for arcade hardware, or emulators of arcade hardware
- - Hacks of arcade games
- - Test roms and similar that do not generate revenue
- - Selected bootlegs that are not in MAME
- - Games that are enhanced or improved but not suitable for MAME
You can compile your own binary whenever you wish by downloading the source from Github, and then compiling with the official MAME tools, while specifying TARGET=hbmame. If you want to create HBMAMEUI (HBMAME with the MAMEUI frontend), specify TARGET=hbmame OSD=winui.
If you don't like compiling, we do make the occasional official release.
Do NOT report any problems to Mametesters. Any issues can be reported at the HBMAME forum at MameWorld.info
The audio samples can be downloaded from Twisty's Samples.
The latest release is 0.204 (2018-11-27).
All downloads are for Windows only. Win7 and later are supported. May run on XP. Compiled with GCC 5.3.0
HBMAME 0.204 (32-bit)
HBMAME 0.204 (64-bit)
HBMAMEUI 0.204 (32-bit)
HBMAMEUI 0.204 (64-bit)
HBMAME Artwork and Source is provided as a license requirement only; there's no guarantee that it will compile.
HBMAME Setup instructions:
- Create a new folder
- Download and install the official MAME 0.204 into that folder
- Install HBMAME into the same folder
- Go to the command prompt, and switch to the folder you chose
- Type hbmame -cc and press enter. This creates hbmame.ini
- Type md ini and press enter.
- Open hbmame.ini in Notepad and change whatever parameters you wish. Make sure the rompath points at your roms.
- Save your changes. Copy hbmame.ini to the ini folder you made earlier.
- Now it should work.
The HBMAME Team.